Mission / Aims / Background / Gallery / Links / Contact
The Unheard Voices is a project aimed to engage marginalized women to build sustainable peace and prosperity in areas suffering from high levels of economic and social deprivation focusing on and addressing some of the most sensitive complex and challenging issues where there are low levels of engagement in peace building activities. Women are key to peace building as we play such a central role within the home and communities.
The Unheard Voices programme will:
- Engage individual women and women’s groups that have not previously or only partially participated in community development and peace building activities
- Increase contact, dialogue, sharing and integration within and between communities; support creative and innovative approaches to dealing with contentious issues
- Build cohesion within and between communities to deliver improved relationships
- Promote greater understanding and acceptance of diversity between communities
- Target the engagement and participation of disaffected young people